AVANDA is a Swiss IT professional Services organisation active in the field of AI, Big Data and Data Analytics. We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join our global banking client in Zurich on a long term basis.
You will become an integral part of a highly motivated Analytics team in the Analytics & Data Science Lab.
Responsibility for developing, maintaining and extracting knowledge
from strategic internal and external data sets
Documenting data attributes, data feeds and data sources in a concise and succinct way
Developing and designing algorithms, building prototype versions, running multiple validations with business experts and working on their operationalization
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics), Information Technology
- At least 2 years of experience in Data Analytics
- Background in statistics, analytics methods and statistic programming tools (SAS, R, Python) and/or a programming language like C, C++, Java, Matlab is a strong plus.
- Due to your experience with relational database programming and complex data pipelines you feel at ease in assembling data sets from disparate sources and analysis using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- Know-how in distributed data processing at scale using Spark or/and Hive is a plus
- Experience in the regulatory technologies or compliance domain within the financial industry is an asset
- Business fluency in English is required
If this sounds like your next challenge and you would like to know more please send us your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +41 58 881 1234